5 Simple Steps To Minimize Mosquito Exposure In Overland Park
June 18, 2019
How often in life do you slap yourself? Now, we know this is a strange question, but considering that this is an article about mosquitoes, you may be able to see where we are going. The fact of the matter is that mosquitoes are such a nuisance that one of the best ways to deal with them involves partly injuring ourselves in the hope that we can end just one of their lives. That sounds like a problem that demands a solution.
Problems Mosquitoes Cause
As we have already established, one of the problems mosquitoes cause involves causing their victims to slap themselves, although we are pretty sure this was not intended. What is intended is the painful bite that causes you to slap yourself in the first place. What you may not know is that with this bite comes the chance of you contracting rather unpleasant diseases. Some diseases mosquitoes are known to spread include West Nile virus, Zike virus, and malaria.
Tips and Tricks To Keep Mosquitoes At Bay
Fortunately, mosquitoes can be eliminated with more than just a slap. Consider these 5 tips and tricks to minimize your exposure to mosquitoes this summer.
- Eliminate sources of stagnant water around your property. These areas act as breeding grounds for female mosquitoes and are the primary reason that mosquitoes are on your property in the first place.
- Consider wearing light-colored clothing when outside. This will make you considerably less visible to mosquitoes.
- Install fans around outdoor lounging areas. The light breeze these fans provide will prevent mosquitoes, which are lousy flyers, from being able to land on and sting you.
- Avoid going outside during the beginning and end of the day as this is when mosquitoes are most active.
- Invest in professional mosquito control provided by Augustine Exterminators, INC. This is by far your best way to minimize your risk of exposure to mosquitoes this summer.
Why DIY Often Fails and When To Call In The Pros
Treating for mosquitoes can be extremely difficult to do on your own, especially without the proper tools and knowledge needed. Store-bought pest control products can be dangerous, and even when used properly often don't get the job done.
That being said, if mosquitoes are causing trouble around your property this summer, driving you to leave red handprints all over yourself, Augustine is here to help. Just give us a call. We will find the solution for you, implement it, and leave you to enjoy the benefits of your property once again.